Monday, March 21, 2011

Photography Class

We've had this fancy camera (Nikon D80) for about four years now, and I've taken interest in it for the past two years.  When the opportunity came up to take a photography class with some other cardiology fellows' wives, I immediately jumped on it.  Penny Hoey {check out her website} has been an amazing {and patient} teacher.  I was completely clueless before walking into these lessons.  I thought using the portrait and sports settings were advanced functions on my camera.  I was completely wrong.  Unlearning the ease of the auto function and adapting to the manual setting has been a humbling experience.  I never knew adjusting ISO, aperture, and shutter speed were so involved, especially when trying to capture my active little ones.  We have taken two classes thus far, with about four to go.  Here are some of my first manual photos.




1 comment:

Sara Blackburn White said...

Great job! This is on my long list too!! How exciting to be learning;)