Thursday, March 10, 2011

Be A Tourist 2011

Back in January, we once again took advantage of Charleston's Be A Tourist in Your Own Town Pass.  Basically, you pay $50 and can get into a ton of neat touristy plantations and museums during the month of January.  Although I was not feeling well during my first trimester, we were able to get out a  good bit.  We did the usuals such as Charleston Museum, Children's Museum, Fire Museum, and we also ventured into a few new places such as Drayton Hall and the Old Exchange.  Here are some pictures.

Middleton Place



I love C's pose


"Old Time Living"


A house once stood here, but it was burned by in the Civil War




Moving on to The Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon

See our church steeple in the background?  This city is absolutely beautiful.




Patriot's Point (Home of the USS Yorktown) with Grandfather

it was quite chilly outside

But nice and cozy inside



Magnolia Plantation with friends (even more fun on with mud)






Drayton Hall

Beautiful plantation home built in the 1700's.  One of the only plantation homes on the Ashley River to survive the Civil War.

My two little loves




And finally, Charlestowne Landing

On a boat


We even ran into friends in the animal forest

1 comment:

katie@tulsadetails said...

These are great photos! I had no idea Charleston was so amazing. I think I need to visit!!