Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And Then...

There were FIVE!

It's official...we are pregnant...again!  Almost 20 weeks to be exact, due the middle of July {perfect timing for a Charleston summer}.  I'm sure most of you know already, but I am just now making the big announcement on the blogosphere.

Jacob and I went to the "big" ultrasound yesterday, and baby looks healthy and perfect.  This time we decided to not find out the sex.  Since we already have one of each, we {meaning I} thought it would be something fun and different to do with this little baby.  Going into the ultrasound I thought it was a girl but left feeling it was a boy.  Jacob has thought girl all along, so we shall see on "labor" day. 

We shared the news with Frances and Charles at about 12 weeks.  Charles can't wait to help out when he/she arrives, and Frances, well, she thinks she has a baby in her tummy too.  Frances and baby will be about 3 years apart and Charles about 4 1/2 years.  Charles thinks my tummy is huge already, so I just told him to wait until I'm about 35 weeks.  We plan on moving them into a room together in a month or so.  It may make for less sleep and napping, but I think they will love it.  And I can't picture Frances as the older sibling/middle child yet.  That idea is just so crazy to me that she won't be the baby anymore.

I've held on to the following scripture throughout this entire pregnancy - in fact, sharing this scripture with Jacob is how I told him the big news.

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.  
- Psalm 126:3  

I am always amazed at how God has blessed our family and this tiny miracle is no exception.  Please pray for the the baby's health and for me to have a continued great pregnancy.  

5 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys! Yipee for waiting for the surprise;) it is hard the last month, but makes the day more exciting!!! Praying for a smoothe second half.

Megan Shirley said...

I was just about to email you and see how everything went! Yay for a healthy baby! I love the scripture - what a beautiful verse to attach to this pregnancy! love you!

Amy said...

LOVE the verse. Pray for you and that baby always!

Gage Family said...

SO happy!!!!!!!! can't wait to meet him/her! it'll be so fun to wait and see!!!

Stacy said...

Thank you! We are "over the moon" excited for T3.