Tuesday, May 11, 2010

8 Years

Happy Anniversary Jacob.  From Augusta to Charleston and everywhere in between, it has been the most wonderful 8 years of my life.  We have been through so much - medical school, residency, babies, fellowship, trips, trips and more trips.  We've had a lot of ups, but also some downs.  I am so thankful that we get to experience these ups and downs together.  Each chapter in our lives hold such special memories for me.  Before I get too sentimental, here are some pictures from the last 6 years of our marriage (the first two years are B.D. - before digital - so no 2002 or most of 2003).

I love reflecting on the following piece of scripture we had printed in our wedding programs :
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11

Thanks Jacob for the last 8 years...looking forward to the next 60 more!

 Switzerland, December 2003

Medical School Graduation - Augusta - May 2004

Niger, West Africa - November 2005

20 Weeks Prego in Birmingham - June 2006

Pregnant at a friend's wedding in Charleston - July 2006

Easter in Birmingham - April 2007

Pregnant with Frances - March 2008

First Month in Charleston - July 2008

One Year of Fellowship Down - July 2009

Tacky Sweater Christmas Party - December 2009

Date Night - December 2009

3 comments:

amy said...

Love this & love y'all!

Megan said...

Awww! That made me a little sentimental too! I'm thankful that I've been around to witness most of those times too :) You are a precious couple and have a beautiful family. Love you!

Stacy said...

Thanks - I can't believe it's been 8 years too. And I'm so thankful to have known both of you (amy and megan) over these last 8+ years!