Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My first sewing project

After a few months of getting the courage to break out my new sewing machine, I completed my first project - a superhero cape for Mr. C.  Okay, it wasn't my first time sewing, I took a class a few years ago before any babies were in the picture...but it was my first project started and completed by myself on my very own sewing machine.   It was so much fun to make it, and the look on Charles' face when I presented it to him was priceless.  He just stared at it and had the biggest grin on his face.  What do you think?  the inside lining is red - I'll have to get a few more pics to show.  Next I plan on making one for Miss F that is hot pink material and a flower.



4 comments:

Sara Blackburn White said...

LOVE IT!! Jack has one similar that he was given on his 3rd bday and still plays with it alot!
I think you have a hidden natural talent! You go girl!

amy said...

that is awesome! i love it!!

Megan Shirley said...

So cute! I thought maybe this was Darby's blog for a minute!

Stacy said...

who is Darby?