Friday, January 9, 2009

And these are a few of my favorite things...

Okay, I'm copying my friend's blog and procrastinating on cleaning our house, but I thought I would let you in on a few (or more) of my favorite things...some of these I received over Christmas and have come to love in my daily routine and others I've used for years...also on a daily basis!

My first favorite in no particular order is my new electric toothbrush. Call me strange, but I've always been into toothbrushes. Charles' dentist hooked me on this one for Jacob and me, and we got one for Charles that has Wall-E on it. It has a timer that lets you know after each minute has past so you can make sure you have brushed for two full minutes, and it feels so good on your teeth!

My sweet sister-in-law gave me the Dirt Devil Kurv for Christmas. I have replaced my old broom and dustpan with this awesome vacuum. I sweep up everything from crumbs under Charles' chair to hair in the bathroom. Highly recommend...

Yes, this was a huge Christmas present from my dad. After researching double strollers almost daily since Frances was born, I decided on the Phil & Ted's Four In One Sport Buggy Stroller - with the doubles kit. I know it doesn't look appealing for the toddler or baby in the back seat, but Charles and Frances have both sat back there and love it. It's great for maneuvering around Charleston's skinny sidewalks and into tightly spaced stores. Even though Jacob won't admit it to loving a stroller because he thinks we have way too many, he is a fan too.

Jacob's parents gave us a few of these books the past few Christmases, and Jacob and I have come to love them. Barclay brings new insight to scripture and we have gotten so much out of each one of them. As the wise wikipedia states, "the books go verse by verse through Barclay's own translation of the New Testament, listing and examining every possible interpretation known to Barclay and providing all the background information he considered possibly relevant, all in layman's terms. The commentaries were fully updated with the help of William Barclay's son, Ronnie Barclay, in recent years and they are now known as the New Daily Study Bible series."

These Stephen Joseph backpacks are so adorable. This is the one that Charles has, and I plan on getting his name personalized on it. Tres cute!

This hummus is yummy. And Charles loves it - healthy way to get protein and I can usually get him to dip veggies in it - double whammy!

This cd was given to me by my dear friend for Charles' birthday. I love it and cannot wait to get a few more of their cd's. Charles is always singing and he loves this cd as well.

3 comments:

The Halls said...

We have a Phil & Ted's -- it's great!

Miss you guys!

Amy Ellis said...

I'm going to email you with a picture of the Ellis family version of a Phil & Ted's stroller...

Megan said...

Oh fun! Thanks for playing!