Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories


Three years ago this Thanksgiving, Jacob and I went to Niger, Africa to visit his parents where they were serving as missionaries. Jacob worked in the hospital along side his dad, while I helped out Jacob's mom with kid's club (Christian play groups) and around the compound. Today, this picture stands out in my mind among all the other pictures we took while we were there. We had visited one of the villages out in the bush, and I saw this little boy. Believe it or not, he was not an orphan. It was just the way he lived, like many other little African children in the villages - severly malnourished, wandering aimlessly around with no supervision probably looking for food. I cannot erase this image from my mind...I don't think God wants me to. We went to Africa and came home to our "regular" life and in three years, we have become more blessed. I wonder what has happened to him in three years. I am thankful for Jesus, for our two precious children, for a warm house, for food on the table, for Jacob's job, for many clothes, for running water, and the list goes on and on. That is just a short list of what we have to celebrate this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wonderful post, Stacy.