Monday, September 8, 2008

Tinkle Tinkle Little Star

It seems like I'm not a true mommy blogger until I "potty post," so I wanted to put in a quick blurb about Charles' first potty experience. Last week I was taking a shower (unfortunately not alone as I have this cute little shadow), and while I was there I decided that we would take advantage of the time. So I stripped him down sans diaper and started talking about the potty, tinkling, pooping, etc. Charles got this look in his eye and this stance like "I'm about to tinkle," so I told him to sit on the potty...sure enough he tinkled! I know we are far from being officially "potty trained," but it was such an exciting moment in our day. He was so proud of himself and I was too. If anyone has any success methods, please fill me in. I'm ready to get this show on the road!

2 comments:

Shanan & Shannon said...

That's the first step - yea Charles! I think one of the hardest parts is their figuring out what "tee tee" is - making the association of what they are doing to what you are talking about! Way to go Charles...you are such a big boy (and congrats Mommy!)

Amy Ellis said...

According to the Potty Training Bootcamp lady I saw on Oprah, you should stay home for several days and don't let him wear a diaper (except to sleep). Feed him salty snacks and give him sugary juices to drink. The salt will make him extra thirsty and the sugary drinks will never really quinch his thirst. He will want more to drink, thus having to pee more and more. Reward him with something he loves every time he goes in the potty. Ashley was easy to potty train (she loved pretty panties) but I'm dreading the experience with Trevor. Good Luck!